12 February 2009

Since the Mysterious Pains!

Just a quick one to get us back up to date:

  • After my operation I stayed with my parents to recover as I wasn’t allowed to climb stairs and I could live on the ground floor in their house.
  • Missed out on 1 trip to England & 1 trip to Prague as I wasn’t fit to travel.
  • Me & my dad started a wine tasting course as something fun to do while I wasn’t well and because he has a new found interest in wine. I have been trying to get him to do one of these courses with me for years!
  • Went to England with Annabee to see Darwi before she headed off to the sunny shores of California (or the snowy mountains I should say really. We went to London & had dinner in Jaime Oliver’s restaurant Fifteen which was amazing, and I got to meet Aaron Craze! Then we travelled to Birmingham to stay in Darwi’s flat for a couple of days. We were all supposed to go and visit Warwick Castle but I was too wiped out from London so I let Darwi & Annabee go on their own which ended up being the best course of action by far as there is very limited access for people with restricted mobility. I got wheelchair assistance in the airports as all the walking/standing & stair climbing would have been too much for me – as it was it took me a week to recover from the trip anyway but I’m very happy to have seen Darwi before she left to move to the other side of the world!
  • Me & the hubby moved back to our home town where we are finally settled into a lovely big house complete with garden & chickens!
  • I passed my wine tasting course with distinction & beat my dad by 4%!!!
  • Christmas & New Year came and went with a bang. Since our parents both live so close to each other this year we had early chrismas lunch with my in-laws and late christmas dinner with my family. Oooh... never again I think. I could barely move afterwards and I only had little meals at each sitting!!! On New Years Eve we had a wonderful party in our new house with all our family and lots of friends, it was really fantastic.
  • In January I finally started back to work, it was such a culture shock after being off for 4 months. I am still finding it difficult to get back into the swing of things.
  • I have started studying for my insolvency qualifications. I’m hoping to sit 2 out of the 3 exams in November and complete the last one next year.

And that’s about it! I’m now up to date and you know everything that’s been happening for the last lot of months and I can get back to writing about more recent stuff again.

2 comments:

Bree said...

Good to see you blogging again!

Darwi said...

Thanks for the update!
You'll have to tell me names of your chickens! :D