23 April 2009

Why am I so hungry!?

Recently I’ve been making a big effort to get up early in the morning to have breakfast before heading out to work. Usually I eat a bowl of cereal between 8am and 8:30am and every day when I do I am not just hungry but ravenous again by around 11am!


I don’t understand it! When I don’t have breakfast I might get a little hunger pang before lunch but I’m never ever as hungry mid-morning as I am when I eat breakfast. And it carries on throughout the day, after my lunch I will be starving again before heading home at 5pm… I really don’t get it. I think I’m going to start having 5 meals a day so that I can stop getting so hungry between breakfast, lunch and dinner!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am the same. Its weird. I think it must just start to "speed things up" inside of us.

When I go out for dinner and have a massive meal, everybody else cant move for the rest of the night, but I get home and go straight for the cheese and crakers!

BTW when you guys coming over again? Staying over this time?

Darwi said...

Hmm, since I am a nerd I'll go with the conspiracy theory that some certain aliens are involved in the whole thing ;)
You know, that small ugly specie from the Star Trek :D

Mr. Flip said...

Just checking to see if it will let me post comments on yours, seeing as how it won't let you post on mine.

Miss Matched said...

Overnight your body goes into a fast...hence "breakfast:" is breaking your fast. It gets your metabolism going first thing, which is good bc that means you start burning calories. That's why when you eat, you get hungrier. When you skip breakfast, your body hoards fast/calories bc it thinks you are starving. This is bad. To better stave off hunger, try eating some protein in all of your meals -- eggs or a protein shake. Cereal is all carbs so it makes you even hungrier. Adding some protein should help you.