12 March 2009

I Have the Coolest Mum Ever!

Yay! I love my mum :-D

I have had a terrible day, first the debacle with the doctors, then I found out that Virgin Media have continued charging me even though the account was cancelled on 2nd December. Bloody rip of merchants!

Anyway, anyone who knows me knows I am partial to the odd glass of bubbly. I love cava and champagne (when I can afford it) and most especially a sparkling pink pinot grigio by La Certosa. I have, however, had awful luck with champagne flutes. Nearly every single one I own has been smashed- excluding the 2 beautiful swarovski flutes Anabee bought us for our wedding but they are hardly for everyday use! Other than those I have one single solitary champagne flute left out of possibly hundreds - I know I "borrowed" 30 from work for a New Year's Eve celebration many moons ago and every one of them was broken within a week. My hubby has bought and replaced many of them for me as he has been known to be a little clumsy on occasion and no matter how many I have I always end up with just the one.


However my mum came back from her shopping earlier and told me she had a present for me and gave me a pack of 4 champagne flutes and a bottle of pink cava - joy! She knows exactly how to cheer me up. I suppose that's what mums are best at and despite the fact that I am all grown up and moved out she will still do that kind of thing which I find amazing.



Yay for mums!

2 comments:

Venus said...

Ahhh , that's what Mum's are for.

Anonymous said...

thats so sweet