12 March 2009

So very very angry.

Be warned, I am about to rant….

Our doctor’s surgery in Newcastle (that’s Donard Group Practise for anyone looking to avoid them too) is utterly utterly useless. I made an appointment for this morning it was supposed to be at 9:40am with Doc B who is not only our doctor but a friend of the family and is someone I can trust. When I arrived at the surgery I typed my details into their automatic sign in machine but it kept coming up with the wrong appointment so I went to the receptionist. She checked her computer and according to their system my appointment was for 10am with a doctor I had never even heard of before. I asked to speak to Doc B when she told me that he wasn’t in that surgery today and wasn’t supposed to be there at all this week – I mean to say what the f*ck!? Am I going mad or something??

When I made the appointment I double checked it before hanging up – what happened to that appointment? Apparently it just vanished into thin air since my appointment was changed to a new doctor and a new time without my knowledge.

I now have to wait another 12 days before I can see my doctor which is just outrageous since I’ve already had to wait more than a week for this appointment.

I have had so many problems in the past with this surgery giving me the wrong prescription or not passing my prescription on to the chemists at all, not knowing what to do when I came in to get my staples out after my operation, having to wait for, on average, 2 weeks to get an appointment. I am just completely and utterly fed up with them so I am seriously considering switching doctors. I think there is another surgery in Newcastle so I am going to investigate further and see if they are supposed to be any better – they can’t be any bloody worse.

2 comments:

Venus said...

Oh! What a nightmare! You should write a formal letter of complaint about it. That's just not on at all.

Darwi said...

Your reaction is quite understandable. Too bad that you'll actually have to leave the doctor you got used to, but, it's life. ...