10 March 2009

So tired

I've mentioned in my fitness blog a couple of times about how tired I've been recently. I don't know exactly what's wrong but it's really started to get me down. I wake up in the morning feeling exhausted and it's a real effort to pull myself out of bed and face the walk to work never mind the actual work day itself.


Last week I went to my local health food shop and asked if they had anything that would either help me sleep better or boost my day time energy levels a bit and I left with a tincture of valerian and hops and a serious mega booster vitamin tablet that should hopefully help a bit. I've noticed I'm sleeping a bit better. I take the valerian hops in a glass of water about a half an hour before before bed - the taste is vile but it does seem to make me sleepy and I now fall asleep relatively easily whereas before I would be tossing and turning for hours before I would eventually nod off. I'm still having all sorts of strange dreams and nightmares that I'm sure do nothing to help me rest when I actually am asleep.

I hope that if I continue to take my supplements, get plenty of exercise and try to keep eating healthily my sleeping and exhaustion problems will ease off a bit. I'm sure some of the reason I'm so tired is to do with recovering from surgery but it's depressing how worn out I feel from just having a reasonably active life. I'm still not doing all the things I was doing before the operation and it's really frustrating that I can't. I have a doctor's appointment on Thursday as I was off for all that time and forgot to get a sick line (oops!) so I think I will have to discuss things with him and see if he's got any ideas for how I can get back on track otherwise I'll be spending most of my free time in bed ...zzz...

No comments: