6 June 2008

2 Months & 21 Days


So there are now 2 months and 21 days until I get married and start my whole new life as a married woman. Even typing that makes me feel a bit aprehensive. I’ve got to the point where we’ve been engaged for so long and I’ve been going over every little detail so comprehensively that I just can’t be bothered with it any more! I think I now realise how my hubby-to-be has been feeling since the start. We’ve both reached the stage where we’d like to be married but the idea of the 2 of us in a registry office and then down the pub afterwards seems like a much more appealing option!

I have my first dress fitting tomorrow. I’ve not seen it since I ordered it in January so I’m quite excited about that but there’s a little demon on my shoulder whispering “you’ve put on wieght since then”; “it won’t be as nice as you remember”; “you’ll need loads of re-sizing and it will cost a fortune” and other such poisonous statements. The worst thing is that I realise this demon is myself and if all of the above is true then I have no-one to blame but myself and somehow that makes it even harder.

I am easily stressed (I think I’ve inherited that from my father!) so dealing with impending nuptials is sending me a bit over the edge but I know I’m making the right decision and now it’s just a matter of finding a coping solution. I hope that this blog will help a little with that, but only time will tell!

1 comment:

Darwi said...

Come on, you did not gain more weight! You were size 12 when you ordered the dress, and now you're 10.
Send that little voice to another dimension!