10 June 2008

It Fits!

Well, sort of…

I had my first dress “fitting” on Saturday. I say fitting - what I really mean is going to the dress shop; seeing my dress for the first time since January and trying it on then getting the assistant to phone their dressmaker and arranging me another appointment in July! Ho hum… I could have just sent them a cheque – which I nearly had to do since I left my cheque book on my kitchen table at home. Thank goodness for my sister saving the day. The dress is now all mine!

Anyway it's gorgeous and very flattering on so I am quite happy. I have to say I’m not much looking forward to more faffing about going to fittings but if I don’t I’ll be tripping over an extra 7 spare inches of dress and then I wouldn’t be the rather elegant bride I’d like to be! Hahaha, actually I doubt the elegance will last much past my second glass of wine but we’ll see!

After the “fitting” I went into town with all my bridesmaids in search of accessories. 2 of my 3 bridesmaids have now successfully purchased beautiful shoes & bags to wear on the day. 1 more to get sorted but she has an idea now of what she wants so fingers crossed she’ll find lovely shoes in the right colour (but we’re going with silver so it shouldn’t be too hard!)

I was supposed to go out on Saturday night to check out the bar I’d like to have my hen party in but things went a bit belly up and we never actually made it to the bar in question. I think I’m going to chance it and go there anyway. We’re having an 80s theme and a cheesy night of 70s, 80s & 90s disco is just what the doctor ordered. I think I’m a bit more excited about that than my impending nuptials – I love any excuse to get all dressed up and have a bit of a boogie, plus the fact that my costume is ACE. You’ll just have to wait for the hen party blog post to see!

This week’s task is putting the invitations together and sending them out early next week. It’s quite early to send them but I think I would rather get everything over & done with asap! The more that’s done the less I have to worry about – I think that’s my new mantra!

P.S. 2 months & 17 days to go now!!

No comments: