30 June 2008

Fandabbydosie :)


All day invitations have now gone out. They were posted on Friday 20th and I know for sure that they have arrived with some lucky people! Now I’m eagarly awaiting the RSVPs, I have received 1 so far – yay!

I got a handful of evening invites sent out last week too. I had a few wrangles with my Dad about what they should say so that they would be grammatically correct, but eventually we more or less agreed on what should be written. I got them all printed off and sent out to friends that we were unable
to invite to the main meal and ceremony section of the day; and I was happy. Oooh, it all seemed too easy and of course it was! I managed to send out 2 dozen invites that told everyone where to be, for what reason and at what time. I just managed to leave off the date of the actual wedding – DOH!!! So I have been inundated with emails and text messages and phone calls over the weekend trying to figure out when we’re getting married.

I’m obviously a bit less stressed than I was as my reaction was to laugh about it and not go on a psychotic rampage. I’ve been trying to exercise a bit more rather
than stuff my face full of chocolate to get the endorphin rush that allows me to cope with life and it seems to be working! I had a great weekend of things to take my mind off wedding talk too. On Saturday I was enlisted to help out with the Lord Mayor’s Carnival in Belfast. All dressed in a fab costume from the people at Whirligigg I became a flag for a few hours and got to dance around the streets near the front of the parade. I don’t think I’ve ever smiled so much in all my life – it was a great experience and I’m so pleased I got to be a part of it all!

On Sunday I got a very unexpected visitor. A friend from school who I’ve not seen for 8 years showed up on my doorstep! She lives in Manchester and was over for a family wedding. I know her brother too and he was the one who brought her round to see me. What a great surprise! We spent a very lovely few hours in the pub round the corner from my house catching up and reminiscing about people we knew and the things we got up to. It was definitely a successful weekend!


Unfortunately all the reminiscing and drinking was cut short as I had an appointment to see the hotel where we’re having the wedding. Final details needed to be arranged, so now we have sorted out the menus, what people are drinking, when we’ll be eating, when the band with get there and the layout of the room. All minor things but getting them organised now will help the day run more smoothly and it’ll be much more enjoyable for everyone – hooray!

No comments: